Local & District Levels
- With a presence in many counties in the state, URSEA has something for every retired school employee.
- 14 Local Units in the state
- A major influence in protecting and improving pension benefits for retirees.
- Monitor state legislative and retirement proceedings with URSEA legislative priorities.
- Information on local units available through the URSEA office.
State & District Membership
- URSEA and its 14 state-wide units do not endorse candidates for political office.
Membership in URSEA Offers
- Four URSEA Newsletters yearly
- Liaison with Teachers' Retirement System of Utah
- Liaison with other State Employees Retirement Systems
- Annual state convention
- Liaison with state AARP and with NRTA
- Promotes image of dignity and independence of aging
- Provides and encourages opportunity for contact with friends and associates
- Income tax assistance and 55 Alive Driving program conducted through URSEA and AARP units.
- National Retired Teachers Association (NRTA) is a division of AARP serving retired educators and administrators 50 and over.
- Colorful, bimonthly NRTA edition of Modern Maturity magazine.
- Monthly NRTA Bulletin
- Local participation in national volunteer commitment to support local youth programs.
- A national network of retired teacher associations
- Legislative representation at the state and national level